Friday, January 06, 2006

What day is it?

So it's great to not work Fridays. It makes my 10 hour work days seem worthwhile. But since I didn't have to work today I drove out to Madison to spend some time with my friend Carrie before she heads off to ski for the weekend. Now I'm home, it's Friday night, and I'm exhausted like it's a Sunday. Now I have a full weekend to fill and I've got nothing.

In addition, I am taking my mother to a college basketball game at 11 tomorrow morning. While I am excited to see Marquette take on Cincinnati, I am NOT, I repeat NOT excited to get up that early or spend the time with my mom. This is what I get for being the good child. Sure, at the time, it seemed like moving home to take care of my mom was the right thing to do. But right about now Milwaukee's not looking so appealing and, well,...my mom never has.

On the upside, I have a new (to me) Eddie Izzard DVD to watch tonight and I purchased my ticket for the return trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We're calling it the Reunion Tour. I am officially that creepy old alum who returns to get drunk for a few days and pretend they're still in school. I swore it would never happen, and here it is 2 years later and I've already failed. Moving back in with your mother leads you to desperate measures.

Actually, It's less about going to Mardi Gras than it is about seeing my friends, but I'm definitely not going to turn my nose up at Mardi Gras. Besides, the last time I went back to visit and say my goodbyes, that bitch Katrina showed up. This time I'm ready for some hurricanes, but only the alcoholic kind!

No comments: