Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Italy-Germany

HOLY SHIT! I cannot believe that just happened.

Can someone explain to me how that play happened in the first place? How did that play develop through FIVE, count them, FIVE German defenders who were all standing flatfooted, IN THE BOX? Not to mention, how was he given absolutely the entire field in which to create that situation in the play before, that the keeper punched out and led to the corner kick that led to this goal. Amazing. Simply the most ridiculous, laid back defense.

Look, I know Italy hadn't known they're much noted, but rarely used "new attack" offense. But everyone knew about it. There's less than 2 minutes left in the overtime of the semi final and Italy knows they won't win in PKs. If ever there was a time they were going to break it out, don't you think this was it?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey, I wasn't commenting one way or another on who won, I just can't believe it happened like that.

In fact, as much as I hate the diving and whining of the Italians, I'm all for you winning, as it will make the US team look better.