Friday, August 04, 2006

I absolutely could not resist

So the NFL has come up with new ref uniforms. They're ugly. We'll cover this when I get back.

But over at UniWatch, they've been discussed in detail. In the discussion, an Ed Hochuli website was found. Apparently he is ripped, especially for an older, white NFL referee.

In response, some commentors have come up with some Chuck Norris style facts. Comment# 116 on the link says:

"Ed Hochuli stared at the goalposts years ago, and that’s why they retreated to the back of the end zone instead of the front like they used to be."


I've been laughing about this for a good 10 minutes.

5 comments:

fifipoo07 said...

Thanx for the explanation about iron man football. Tough is an understatement.

Ref's uniforms. Isn't there some unwritten rule somewhere that they HAVE to be ugly?

Pippa

TNIRISHFAN said...

Pippa, that used to be the way the game was played. Everyone went both ways. Even now small high schools have the whole team going both ways. My grandfather played when the clothesline was still legal and they had helmets without face masks.

On the refs unis I just saw them on the preseason game and they are god awful.

PHG said...

Ed Hochuli is the man! Where is that website?

juniorthomas said...

Ed Hoculi is ridiculous! He nearly flexes each time he makes a call...

"15 yard penalty, first down! - watch as my biceps point the appropriate direction"

Nicole said...

Agreed. And I've never really payed that much attention to the Hochuli, but that comment made me giggle like a little girl, so I thought I'd share. The Hochuli-ness probably won't continue