Monday, August 07, 2006

College football. So close, yet so far away....

The earliest I've ever seen this, but someone out there came up with bowl projections for this season already. It's mighty early, but they do build that in. While every bowl is lined up, there's also 3 or 4 possibilities for some. Take Wisconsin, according to these predictions, we could be playing in one of four bowls. That really doesn't narrow it down. Basically, we'll either be playing in one of the Big Ten tie-ins or we won't be playing. Not exactly rocket science.


Nevertheless, props to them for even chancing to make such predictions so early. And there's some definite surprises, including Auburn playing in the National Championship game. Most of what I've read and heard doesn't have Auburn winning the SEC, so I feel that's a mighty bold prediction. Especially after Wisconsin embarassed them in the Capital One Bowl, of all bowls, last year.

3 comments:

TNIRISHFAN said...

God I crave football. I even watched the Hall of Fame game even though I didn't care one bit. These bowl predictions are crap BTW.

Nicole said...

I'm the same way. And that HOF game was crap, I can't believe I watched it, but I was SO excited for football!

Anonymous said...

Alabama is going to bitch slap Auburn this year. I think we'll have a mediocre season (winning eight games), but we will take the Barn down!