Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Good Day

The past 24 hours or so have been rather fabulous so I thought I'd share. I'd been charged over $300 by UHaul for returning the trailer late after my accident. I was charged 6 weeks after the accident and after I'd put in an insurance claim through them. Lots of haggling later, I'm being returned my money!

I also got a job today. I start at 8 am tomorrow. It's nothing special, but at least it will pay the bills while I continue to look for other things. It's technically temporary, with a chance at temp to permanent status, but I'm actually digging that because I have no intention of being a receptionist forever, so it already has an escape clause.

I get to keep the second puppy when we move. I'm moving next weekend, which I'm not looking forward to, as the last time I tried to move it didn't work out so well for me. When we looked at the place we only asked about one dog, because most people don't want any dogs and technically Flash, the Basset Hound, is a foster dog (though I'm trying to keep him). Anyway, we got permission from the new landlord to keep the Basset as well.

Some other minor stuff was finally able to be worked out. It's nice when it feels like things are finally starting to look up.

3 comments:

TNIRISHFAN said...

How was the first day?

Todd Jones said...

does this mean you'll e-mail me all day begging for sex again?

Nicole said...

Todd, we're talking about reality here, not your dream land. Keep up!