Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Homesick

As we approach the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, there have been oodles and oodles of TV specials on the subject that have all really served to make me very sad and miss my city very, very much.

There are some song lyrics I'd like to post, but a Google search has brought me up empty so I'll have to wait til I get home and can transcribe for you all.

I feel like I could write forever about this topic and how much I miss living in New Orleans and all these shows that have scenes from around the city just make my heart ache a little more. I'll try and wax more poetic on this later, but I wanted to post this quote from Wynton Marsalis that was actually on an Emeril show about rebuilding New Orleans, of all things:

"New Orleans people have a lot of pride. They like being what they are. There's not going to be a group of people who will fight harder to be themselves than New Orleanians."

Not only do I love this because it's absolutely true, but it's also said in perfect New Orleans English.

1 comment:

fifipoo07 said...

Katrina 1 year and 9/11 5 years....not a cheery time to be an american huh? I really hope your great city is rebuilt to something that will honour it's former glory. I really want to go there ... Pippa