Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Drive by blogging...

I'm tired, I just got home and there's tons I want to post about so as to be timely, so I think it's going to be quick posts tonight and hopefully I'll be able to elaborate soon, when I find time. But I started work today, I was gone all night doing family obligation stuff, there's more work tomorrow and Friday this weekend is Irish Fest (NOT TO BE MISSED!) as well as a Brewer game. Plus I'm moving next weekend. Moral of the story is, I'm trying, but don't hold out much hope.


OK, here we go:

Milwaukee native Bruce Froemming umped his 5000th game today! He was also featured in USA Today wearing his Packer shirt and grilling some brats in his backyard. Way to go Bruce! He's only the 2nd to reach that many games.

Today's Brewers game went 13 innings and they won the second straight. The bullpen pitched 7 innings. We used 7 different pitchers. Francisco Cordero notched save #8 for the Brew Crew. That's amazing for us! We won our first road series in almost 2 months.

Also, yesterday, Geoff Jenkins replacement Corey Hart hit a homerun, proving why this switch was a very very good idea.

However, our 13 innings look like nothing compared to last night's marathon in Houston. 18 innings and the entire bullpen, including the next day's starting pitcher later, the Cubs beat Houston 8-6.

Having used their probable starter and everyone else, including Carlos Zambrano as a pinch hitter, the Cubs felt a little screwed. So they called down to AAA for a starter.
I'd like to make this all cool and explain the story for you, but I'll just point you to this article, which tells is better than I could right now. Please read it, it's worth the 2 minutes.

Good for you, Ryan O'Malley!



Work was ... work, I suppose. As long as I get a paycheck I can't complain too much. Though I did a lot of menial labor today for someone who was hired to answer the phone. Comfy shoes are in order and I hope my bum knee stops swelling, but other than that....Mostly it was just holding myself back from propositioning Todd. What can I say, Paul Bunyan does it for me.

No comments: