Monday, July 07, 2008

I like what I CC















___

The link under the picture is a discussion of Cubs vs Brewers vs Cards. There's some points made and then readers write points/questions at Jayson Stark answers. Interesting read that includes these thoughts on the situation:

Mark (Milwaukee): Lets not forget about Manny Parra. He'll be going for his 8th win in a row later this week and in my opinion is fantastic for a 3rd or 4th starter.

SportsNation Jayson Stark: You're right. If he's the No. 3 starter, at this point you'd take him, Sabathia and Sheets over Carlos Zambrano, Ryan Dempster and Ted Lilly. As someone said to me today, "this is going to force the Cubs to go get somebody." And they're looking for a 1-2 as we speak.

...



Brian (Milwaukee): We all know pitching wins in this league, so the question becomes, which CORE staff would you rather have? Sheets-CC-Parra-Suppan-Bush-Villanuueva-McClung-Riske-Gagne-Torres OR Zambrano-Dempster-Lily-Marshall-Gallagher-Marmol-Wood-Howry-Marquis-Cotts?

SportsNation Jayson Stark: One to 10, I'll take the Cubs. One-to-three starters, I'll take the Brewers. End of the game, I'll take the Cubs. I see the Brewers making a bullpen move before the deadline, too. So I might not have the same answer four weeks from now. But for "core" staff, as of today, I'm going Cubs.

...

SportsNation Jayson Stark:.... But now that all that's out of the way, if Gallardo does come back, that would be the best 1-4 group in the league.

...

SportsNation Jayson Stark: Very good chance the Central produces the wild card. One scout said to me today, "Who'd have thought the three best teams in the National League would all be in this division?"

...

In discussing the Brewers defensive issues: That's why adding a strikeout pitcher like Sabathia has extra impact on a team like this: Minimizes the effect of sub-par defense on the days he pitches.

...

No comments: