Saturday, September 23, 2006

What does it take to get some respect?

Wisconsin wasn't supposed to be in this game.

Michigan is 0-8 on third down.

Michigan's 10 points are due to plays their defense made. Their offense has been minor.



But we just had to listen to the announcers tell us how great the Michigan defense is.

Last week Michigan scored oodles of points on a top 10 team. This week they're tied at 10 against an unranked opponent.

But god forbid we should mention that Wisconsin's defense has done a great job today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might have been wise to wait to post after the game. Not during.

Nicole said...

Regardless of the outcome, the lack of respect was there. Plus, I was excited that we were in the game. I really didn't think it would ever be a contest, so I'm happy that we showed up and showed that we're not a team to just look past. No one gave us any credit and we're a young team with lots of injuries and lots to figure out. I'm damn proud of us for being in that game.

BaggyPantsDevil said...

I agree. Wisconsin impressed me and--once they get some more wins under their belt--they'll make it into the rankings. I thought the Badger defense did a respectable job and the offense--although it couldn't really move the ball in the latter part of the game--didn't do a Notre Dame/Brady Quinn meltdown.

I guess what you experienced was similar to what I felt while watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game. It was Notre Dame this and Notre Dame that all while they're getting their asses kicked.

Best of luck on the rest of the season and you've got three more years of P.J Hill.