Friday, September 01, 2006

A minor star in my life...


I know the posting's light, but I promise I'll have the home computer up and running this weekend.

In the meantime, check out my friend Anna, who's a super star in the making.


A Madison resident, she's currently starring in a musical called Walmartopia, that was written by a Madison couple.

The show has garnered a lot of attention and was recently invited to be a part of the Fringe Festival in New York. Some 200 shows were invited and Walmartopia was picked as one of the best in show and was invited back to do an encore performance in New York later this month.

Check out the reviews from New York. You'll notice that Anna Jayne Marquardt is praised in each and every one, even if the show was panned.

The Reviews:

Village Voice

New York Times

Bloomberg

Eye On Dance

Gay New York

NY Theatre.com


Also, if you go here, and scroll down, you'll notice that myfriendAnna won a Best Actor award.


That's 5 best actors. In 200 some shows.


I'm so proud of myfriendAnna. I can say I knew her when!

So now she's quit her job and is moving to New York, as she was shown lots of interest and was told she should be there.

The play also garnered a lot of attention and has both Broadway and off-Broadway producers looking at it.

Congratulations, ya'll!

No comments: