Monday, September 25, 2006

Brewers go on winning streak, despite the fact that they no longer matter...

It's football season and my team is so far from contention....

But that hasn't stopped them from proving exactly how disappointing this season was.

If this team can take 2 of 3 from St. Louis and sweep the Giants (with Barry hitting homers in two seperate games), why are they ten games below .500?

While I'm happy that this team has seemed to find a rhythm and I'm extremely happy to see some of the young guys playing well and trying to earn a spot, it makes me wonder why some of these changes didn't happen earlier. These lineups chock full of young guns have combined for more runs and hits then we were able to put up at any other time in the season.

And don't get me started on Geoff Jenkins. I've made it perfectly clear how useless I find him, and he proved me right by "getting hot" about 3 seconds after we were mathematically eliminated.

But now we end the season by heading out the road, so never fear, those lovable losers will be back again.

No comments: