Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Geaux Saints!

For some reason I'm still not understanding, my brother picked Atlanta in his pick 'em league.
I'm fairly certain he's the only person who didn't think the Saints were predestined to win that game.

But watching all the footage and talking over and over about what happened was absolutely bittersweet and I had goosebumps for most of the intro.

I'm really happy to see my city on it's way back. I think that getting the SuperDome up and running was absolutely crucial. I know that opponents said that spending that kind of money there was not ok and that the money could have better been spent in other parts of the city, and while I understand where they're coming from, I disagree.

The SuperDome is important to the city, and not just for the symbolic renewal that occurred last night.
It's important for New Orleans to have an economic future and the SuperDome is and can be at the center of that. It's important for the SuperDome to be able to bid for future events, like Final Fours and Super Bowls. Those things are huge economic boons and the city needs to be able to host these again for the money that they bring in. Having the SuperDome online allows them to begin the process of courting these types of events.

No comments: