Monday, September 25, 2006

Hooray! The Packers won't be winless!

Ok, so let's get it out of the way. I know we only played the Lions. No need to point that out.

But you've got to start somewhere.

This year, somewhere was Detroit, where Brett Favre became only the 2nd member of the 400 TD club, and Ahman Green surpassed 10,000 career yards.

Of course, there were down points two. Both Green and Noah Herron coughed up the ball, leaving them each with 2 lost fumbles this season. We were lucky this didn't change the face of the game. We cough it up twice against a more formidable opponent and we won't be able to recover.


The best part of yesterday's game was that Favre connected with 10 different receivers for a total of 340 yards, including that 400th pass for a 75 yard TD to rookie Greg Jennings.

I'm much heartened by how the team played in the past two games, despite last week's loss. No one thought this would be a SuperBowl season, but I'd rather not be the worst team in the league! The 80s are still too fresh in my memory and I'm not prepared to do it again. I'll thank you to not remind me what it was like with The Magic Man at the helm. That is not ok!

No comments: