Saturday, June 10, 2006

Soca Warriors


Ok, so on the plus side, I got to watch the second half of the Sweden-Trinidad & Tobago WC match today, which was honestly the best half of soccer I've seen, live or on TV, in a long time. The Argentina-Ivory Coast game was also damn entertaining ball.

But Shaka Hislop, the Trini goalie who wasn't even supposed to start, made that game for me - and for Trinidad as well. And, you know, he's 37!


(My apologies for the crappy writing. Per the below post, things around these parts are a bit discombobulated and will likely be that way for a few days.)

2 comments:

fifipoo07 said...

We ( England) play them next. I think that we need to beat them by atleast 3 goals as things will be tight between us and sweden. They did do us a favour though by drawing. Anyway can you believe that Tony Blairs ex spin doctor Alastair Campbellhas said in his Labour party world cup blog that women writers only get interested in football around the world cup and that we are only interested in superficial stuff to do with it? I was so outraged I wrote about it and posted a v funny pic of mr campbell. Just out of interest what's the level of interest like in America? What's the level and standard of coverage as well? Frustrated

TNIRISHFAN said...

I saw the Mexico Iran match and it was awesome. I really wish that I had sattelite or cable so I could see more matches.