Monday, June 12, 2006

No Florida for me..

So it was really difficult, but I decided last night to turn down the job in Florida and stay here in Wisconsin.

Basically, I can't afford to move to Florida anymore. It was going to be a struggle before all this happened. I am driving my dad's old car, a 1990 Buick Skylark that frankly I don't even know is roadworthy. I am going to have medical bills coming out of my ears. UHaul is going to want to sue my ass.

Basically, I would have to scrape together money to drive down in a car I'm not sure would make the trip and then I'd have to work 2 jobs while I'm down there. Does that sound like a good time to anyone? I mean, I realize that one of those jobs is my dream job, but basically, that sounds like a miserable experience and a miserable existence.

As I told Todd, if I made a list of reasons to stay or go, the only reason to go to Florida is because I really want the job. Unfortunately, I'm about to be 25, not 19, and really wanting something just isn't good enough. At some point, I have to act like the responsible adult I'm supposed to be.

Plus, let's be honest, being here isn't so horrible. Summer in Wisconsin is great. My boyfriend has been beyond amazing through this whole situation, which would have made leaving him even harder. Now I'll be here for football season, and the Michigan holy trifecta trip is totally back on!

I feel like ultimately it came down to being miserable in Florida, all by myself. Or being miserable here in Wisconsin, with friends and my boyfriend and at least here I'll have a little spare money to be able to leave the house.

So you know, basically I moved to Southern Illinois for a few hours one time in June, 2006.

But OH I MISS MY CAR! I can readily admit that I was unnaturally attached to my car.

RIP Kremit!

7 comments:

Wes Wolfe said...

That's too bad. My news editor's helping me run down a place, and my stepfather will be driving the moving van, so hopefully I won't end up in a ditch off I-75. Good luck with the badgerbadgerbadgers and cheese.

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Nicole said...

You know what's so sad? I had cheese and brats in a cooler to send to you when I got there! I mean, it was a bit late, but better than never! Now some roadside animals (probably that fucking deer!) are enjoying cheese in the shape of a beer mug and the state of wisconsin

TNIRISHFAN said...

Nicole, I really feel bad that this happened to you. I hope you are able to find something you like to do close to home. This fall when I lay a deer down, I will think about you. Now I need to kill one for food and one for you!!! alright 2 weeks of being nice to you because of this, not that you really care what I say or do.

Nicole said...

I find it funny, and minorly endearing, that you weren't quite comfortable with being nice to me, so you had to throw in something mean on the last "this sucks for you" post.

In addition, kill some bambis like it's going out of style. Fuckers and bastards, all of them!

TNIRISHFAN said...

They taste good too. I just didn't want to be too out of character. BTW what kind of car was it?

Nicole said...

My baby was a 2000 Ford Focus, manual, that I LOVED!

TNIRISHFAN said...

I copied Todd a little bit, but I put a post on my blog for you. Let me know what you think.