Monday, May 22, 2006

Boys of summer..


So I went to this crazy baseball game on Saturday night. I got to tailgate, which was great. I can’t tell you when the last time was I tailgated. I mean the real, park in the parking lot, bring a mini grill, have some beers and brats type of tailgate.

It was great. So great, in fact, that we already decided to do it again in 2 weeks. Of course, the reason I have to go to that game is because they’re giving away a bobble head of the catcher, complete with removable mask. And we have to go get that because we already have a pitcher and a hitter, so if we have the catcher, then there’s a whole set! (can you tell this isn’t my idea?)

So we had this great tailgate that couldn’t have been easier and I was complimented on the spread, some guy said “Wow, I guess you’ve done this before.” And some lady stopped by our car not once, but twice to comment on my table. I was quite proud of our tailgate!

Anyway, we decided to keep score because he never has and I’ve only ever done it once. We seriously couldn’t have picked a worse game to pick score during.

Our first pitcher technically didn’t notch any innings. He gave up 5 runs and never got an out, so we pulled him. Four singles, a walk and a double. He was responsible for 6 runs in the first inning.
We went through 8 pitchers. We made 2 double switches. There were 26 total runs scored and 28 hits. I tried to find the official scorecard online, but I didn’t find it. I’m sure it was ugly, but not as horrific as ours.

The final score was Milwaukee 10, Minnesota 16, but trust me, that’s only because of the 3 home runs we hit. We’re lucky if we strung 2 or 3 hits together in an inning. It was not pretty.

At least they pulled it together with a win yesterday. Carlos Lee got out of his mini-slump with a 2 run double. We swept the Phillies, the hottest team in baseball then interleague came and we were done. Stupid stupid Minnesota. I knew I hated them for a reason.

4 comments:

TNIRISHFAN said...

Man I am glad the Brewers suck. The Reds sure needed a shot in the arm.

Nicole said...

I turned the game off at 11-1. Sad sad times.

I just keep telling myself that this weekend was all about how much better the AL is then the NL and that it has nothing to do with us specifically and that delusion makes me feel better for awhile.

TNIRISHFAN said...

Thanks again.

TNIRISHFAN said...

Can we play you guys every night?