Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Jobs

Basically, I need one that doesn't suck. I started a job last Monday. I hate it. They did a lot of creative selling on this job. And they failed to mention that there aren't any set hours. You're expected to stay indefinitely until the work is done. So we're talking like 12 hour days.

Thanks, but no.

So between that and some other issues, I've had a renewed push to apply for jobs all over the country. Journalism is unique and nice because we have a dedicated website where papers all over the world post job openings. It's super convenient and eliminates the annoying job hunt. However, now I have a bazillion and a half resumes and writing samples to send out.

If anyone knows someone who needs a sports or business writer with just a modicum of experience but lots of enthusiasm, I'm totally their guy (or gal, as the case may be).

So I'm applying for sports reporter positions in the podunkiest of towns so that I can get the experience I need for anyone of merit to actually consider me. If anyone knows some good restaurants in Danbury, CT, Scranton, PA, Milledgeville, GA or Herndon, VA, pass them my way.

God I hate this. But at least I'd be doing something I want to do and I wouldn't be living at home anymore. So maybe it's worth the effort...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

herndon is not that podunk... it could be worse....

Wes Wolfe said...

I saw that Milledgeville post. You don't want to fucking live there. I've driven through east Georgia on I-20 more times than I'd like, and I don't even want to get gas there.