Friday, August 03, 2007

USA Today Coaches' Poll ...

was released today.

Top 10 looks like this:

1. Southern California (45)
2. LSU (4)
3. Florida (9)
4. Texas
5. Michigan (2)
6. West Virginia
7. Wisconsin
8. Oklahoma
9. Virginia Tech
10. Ohio State

Ok, as happy as I am that we went from unranked during last year's pre-season to #7 this pre-season, I still maintain that this is vastly overrating a completely untried team. (ok, maybe not completely, but you get the idea) We still haven't named a QB. I don't care that we're a run team, you still have to have a QB. In addition, we can't only hand off to P.J. Hill every down. And until a few weeks ago we had nice depth at tailback. The arrest of Lance Smith and the possible academic ineligibility of a big recruit, suddenly, if P.J. needs a break or gets injured (knock on wood) things could start to look a little bleak.

All I'm sayin' is that I've had more letdown that I can take this year with the Brewers, the last thing I need is more disappointment. I can't handle it!!

No comments: