Saturday, September 22, 2007

Being a Brewer fan is torture

I've been agonizing for weeks and it turns out, I'm not alone. Two articles emerged yesterday, both equally capturing the pure agony and ecstasy of being a Brewers fan this season.

This one is from the Journal Sentinel and holds my favorite line of the two:

"You're barely savoring any of this. You hear the name Matt Wise and break into a cold sweat."

This one is from SI and opens with this paragraph:

"Here we are, 152 games into the Brewers' stomach-spinning ride of a season and I, for one, have a hard time figuring out what to make of this team. I know I'm not alone, either. A good portion of Milwaukee's baseball-loving populace wavers wildly between blind optimism about the Brew Crew's postseason possibilities and ready-to-leap desperation at their latest predicament. And that's just in the seventh inning of any given game."

No comments: