Friday, November 10, 2006

National Disaster Averted, no Big East team to play for National Championship

The Louisville Cardinals football team were nice enough to prevent a national meltdown about a Big East team playing for the National Championship by losing to Rutgers last night.

I have no details on the game (I was at a concert) but I have tivoed the replay. All I know is that there was a missed extra point run back - all that work for 2 whole points!

So now we're back to wondering which one loss team will meet the winner of Michigan/Ohio State in the NC.

And at this point, if you look at BCS averages, I'm not sure you can make a case for any other team than the loser of that matchup.

So is that what we're looking at? Michigan vs. Ohio State in the title game?
Does Florida deserve it more? Is there a sleeper team we see going into the NC instead?

No comments: