Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dwyane Wade Jersey Retirement

Yesterday's halftime honoring of D. Wade was really emotional and a really cool thing to witness. I took video, but my video sucks, since my seats are in the boonies, so I've uploaded someone else's video from YouTube. It's long, but it's absolutely worth watching.

Coach Tom Crean pre-taped a message, since he was in the locker room with his team. It was clearly heartfelt and emotional and it showed how much impact Wade had in his short time at MU.

The highlights of the ceremony included a surprise $20,000 donation from the Miami Heat organization to the Marquette Men's Basketball Scholarship Fund in Wade's name. A classy move by the Heat, totally unexpected and just a nice, nice move.

Wade was clearly at a loss and overwhelmed by the whole situation, but he handled him self with humility and was humble. He also specifically thanked Tom Crean and said "Coach, wherever you're at, I love you. And I don't tell too many men I love 'em!" It was a funny, lighthearted moment.

Anyway, this video has the whole ceremony.

No comments: