Monday, July 23, 2007

So completely unacceptable

The Brewers are currently stuck in an extra innings game against the (bottom feeding) Cincinnati Reds. The Brewers had the bases loaded and no outs in the 11th when Johnny Estrada came up to bat. This is what happened:


I'm so pissed off at this that I barely have the words to type about it right now. I'll be ridiculously more upset if Estrada isn't fined for this by Yost. There is no excuse. This is a veteran ball player, his team is in a pennant race and it's extra innings.

I'd like to throw in that Estrada is the man that grounded out at the top of the 9th with two on to end the inning.

3 comments:

Badger Tracker said...

Wow, nice hustle there Johnny. Way to get down that line.

Also, tough to believe that this Balfour character missed two seasons in a row, eh?

Geez. At least the Cubs didn't win.

3000 said...

Maybe not all his fault, I guess, if the story about his hammy in the Journal-Sentinel isn't a smoke job....

Nicole said...

If you're buying that story, then I've got some land in Florida to sell you!

All I'm saying is that he had no problem squatting behind the plate for 11 innings. And he didn't have a problem running the bases on any other at-bat.

This is as fishy as the smell coming off Lake Michigan in the morning.

But good for Ned fot sticking up for his player publicly. I'm sure that won him some loyalty.

As long as he chewed him out privately!