Monday, July 16, 2007

Brewers block party part 1

To start of my birthday festivities this weekend, the Brewers threw me a block party!
Ok, not really, but this weekend happened to be the Brewers' second annual Cerveceros Latino celebration. Also, this season they're hosting three block parties throughout the season. The team combined the two and had many of the Spanish speaking Brewers and the party took place at a park in one of Milwaukee Latino neighborhoods.

The plan is pretty simple. The guys gather on stage and answer some questions, then split up and sit two per table and sign autographs. Unfortunately, the sign for less than an hour and you have to stand in each line separately. We split up and stood in different lines, made some friends to hold places and pushed our way to the front at the very end as the guys were leaving and ended up with 9 of 10 autographs.

Also, Sunday's game featured a Chorizo bobblehead which is absolutely awesome (as well as naked underneath!)









The man of the hour, CHORIZO!












Lefty reliever Brian Shouse was by far the Brewer who enjoyed himself the most. He was smiling and chatting. (And also, he's crazy more cute than I thought. He looks very mean and I guess kind of old when he's far away on the field and under a baseball cap.) He was a pleasant (and a co-freckler) surprise! Plus, he's only 30. Here you go ladies, a diamond in the rough.








And of course, no one can be happy without some pictures of J.J. Hardy, rockin' some stumble and lookin' good in his shades.














More J.J. goodness.












This is literally the only time I saw Dave Bush smile. And I totally dig the beard.















Corey Hart was having a good time.










I was trying to take a picture down the line of guys, but J.J. thought I wanted a picture of him. Well if you insist J.J. .....






Gabe Gross, your batting music is Jesus music. You're fairly dorky looking for a pro ball player. Please stop adding to the opinion by wearing a polo shirt underneath your bp jersey!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! jj is soooo sexxy im his biggest fan i even have jj posters on my wall and i took like 500 hundred pics of him in just one game... he is so hot! i want to meet him so bad

Anonymous said...

u are sooo lucky that there was a block party by uuu i wish i had oneee...but i love jj so much and by the way this is the same person

Anonymous said...

jj hardy. is my love.[:
he signed my shirt at a game; i was speechless. xD
then my cousin frm milwaukee got m an autographed baseball frm jj♥
my wall; i full of pictures...&i always steal my brother's jj baseball cards; he's sooo scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

im a biga JJ fan dan u.. bizatch!
He sign me nakked chest.