Saturday, November 17, 2007

Iowa State vs. Colorado (or "Holy crap, they won!)

So I was in Ames, Iowa last weekend visiting a friend and we headed out to the Iowa State/Colorado game. Check another stadium off the list. Here's our day in pictures.




We got there just as the buses pulled up to unload the teams. The band plays and the fans line up and the team walks through that "tunnel" into the locker room.


































































So my experience is all with Wisconsin, where I'm sure things were like this during the lean years, but I was fascinated to see that you could buy tickets on the day of the game. Also, that you can't use a credit card, but can use a check. They're so trusting in Iowa.










My favorite fan












I thought the cyclones surrounding the bottom of the flag poles was a cool touch













Heading in













Jack Trice Stadium



























First running onto the field for warm ups












Iowa band geeks lining up














Colorado heading to the field











Right before the game













Halftime show















These are the hill seats, which I though were pretty cool, though a bit expensive











After beating the Buffaloes, the Cyclones fans stormed the field












Christine made me take a pic of the final score as proof














Now I don't want to sound too snobby here, but at Iowa State, they open the gate so that you can "storm" the field. This would never, EVER happen in Madison. Ever! They put up security to prevent this very event



No comments: