Monday, January 01, 2007

Do it again Sam: Brett Favre, will he or won't he?

A fabulous sense of Deja Vu has settled over the Cute Sports house as the state of Wisconsin's football season has officially ended and we now move into the ever present off-season question of whether or not Favre will retire.

ESPN.com is already all over this story, with two separate articles having been published on the subject today.

Gene Wojciechowski says that he thinks Favre's tears in last night's post-game interview mean Favre is walking away.

In another article, Aaron Rodgers and William Henderson both said they think Brett's coming back.

I refuse to get into the will he/won't he debate because it stretched on for entirely to long last year. I'll say this once that I think he'll come back because he needs just one decent season to make a whole lot of records and I do think that Favre is nothing if not conscious of his legacy.

There were clearly signs for both camps last night and so I think it's fairly worthless to try and read anything into any of last night's actions.

That being said, I'm afraid Aaron Rodgers is a creampuff in the Matt Leinart vein, so I guess I'm hoping for a Favre return because I just really don't like our other options. If not, come on Ingle Martin!!!

No comments: