Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Officially the weirdest name. EVER!

I've been meaning to post this for awhile and kept forgetting. This gentleman plays for the Providence Bruins of the AHL and came to town to play the Admirals a couple of weekends ago.















Yes - this guy's name is Wacey Rabbit. Apparently he's named after a world-champion bull-rider. And though he's a hockey player and getting your name from a bull-rider is quite tough, I'd have to think he's gotten beaten up more than once over this name.

I'm a big word nerd. I love fun sports names. Plaxico Burress. Tebucky Jones. Dick Trickle. CoCo Crisp. Lucious Pusey. Craphanso Thorpe. But this poor fella takes the cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In school a guy's name was Peter Holder. -_-

Anonymous said...

welllllll my name is wacey too. and what a coincidence i was named after a famous bull rider also i dont know if its the same one but i was named after wacey cathy. and no i never got beaten up for it. i lived in texas in a town of 19000 people and about half of the town if not more knew me or of me. they never had to say my last name.