Sunday, June 24, 2007

Negro League Night

I made it to four baseball games in the past 9 days. I was not at Saturday night's Negro League tribute because I was at Friday's game and today's game.

However, the uniforms were spectacular and I sincerely wish I was there. I have these screen grabs so that I can share the fabulous, uni-related detail.

Notice the Brewers' attention to detail. The black flaps on the butt pockets, the appropriate throwback batting helmets. Even catcher Johnny Estrada (well known for his stirrups and attention to uni detail) had a Negro League logo catcher's mask.

The Royals, on the other hand fumbled on the details.







The pitcher had it together.












Johnny Estrada's mask and a good look at the butt flaps.






















































Here's a Royal who did not get the memo on how to wear these jerseys.







No comments: