Friday, August 11, 2006

Another Miller Park outing...

Got my moms to play hookie and today it was off for a day game at Miller Park against the hated Cubbies. Last time, this didn't work out so well for me, as the Cubs plastered us.

Thankfully this time things were different. The Brewers opened up an 8-1 lead. We scored 8 runs and none of them came off a homerun! Believe me when I tell you that this is an accomplishment!!

Of course, we then proceeded to not produce any more runs and allow the Cubs to slowly sneak back into the game. Eventually, it's 8-6 in the top of the 9th. Men on first and second. And Francisco Cordero worked out of another job (though self made) and the Brew Crew won.

That's a 2 straight from the Cubs. That's also two straight games in which we lit up their starters and forced Dusty to make pitching moves early. By the end of today's game, I'm certain we had seen basically every guy they had in the bullpen. Today's pitcher was Prior, so the win and runs aren't too surprising. But yesterday we pushed Zambrano up into a pitch count above 80 in the 5th inning.

Dave Bush pitched a great game on Wed., taking a no-hitter into the 6th. Doug Davis struggled a bit late, but didn't give up more than 2 runs in any inning and stayed in the game through the 7th.

More story here. (I feel not so articulate and like this isn't coming out sounding so smart, so I'll quite while I'm behind)

These two wins mean 4 1/2 back in the wild card. Tomorrow it's on to Atlanta.

No comments: