Monday, May 08, 2006

Officially a convert...


I never payed any attention to hockey before this season, but since Saturday I went to a playoff game for the AHL Milwaukee Admirals, the farm league for the Nashville Predators.

I went to Hockey. In MAY!

They won the Calder Cup, the Championship for AHL in 2004 and have made it to the second round of the playoffs so far. If the game I attended is any clue, things look good. The Admirals railed on Houston 7-0.

The shocker, and something I totally need explained to me, is that Nashville sent down 4 or 5 players. The goalkeeper as well as Jordin Tootoo (great name!) who scored a hattrick. And Scottie Upshall. I don't know if these names mean anything to anyone, but I guess because they started here in Milwaukee, we know these guys as those who made it big. And since Nashville isn't in the NHL playoffs, they sent down some guys.

I feel like there has to be some rules regulating this.

No comments: