Sunday, April 23, 2006

I also decided today to commit myself more to my photography.

That actually makes it sound like I've ever made any sort of commitment to photography, which I haven't. I just really enjoy it and I think I have a bit of a knack for it. So next semester I'm taking a photojournalism class, because it can do nothing but help my cause. I'm also going to get some top o the line equipment for my birthday in a few months and really spend some time going out and taking good photos. I have a fairly decent collection, even just from my trip to Ireland.

Plus, I really need a creative outlet that I can connect with. In the past few months I have done watercolors, oil paints, pastels, knitting and needlepoint and nothing stuck. These are all things I've done in the past and none of them were what I was looking for. But I really didn't try too hard and was able to take some interesting, unusual pictures in Ireland. I really didn't even think I did anything special until my mom kept showing off about our trip and I got tons of compliments on my work. If I can do that with my mom's digital point and shoot, than maybe I can really find something I'm good at here.

No comments: