Monday, January 02, 2006

Ding dong the witch is dead...

Allelujia, we finally made a smart move this season.

I'll try to avoid just posting links as much as possible, but honestly, I was so happy to see this this morning that I don't have a whole lot to add.

Packers fire Sherman

from the local paper .... http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jan06/382192.asp

Look, I could have dealt with the horrible season. The list on injuries was unfathomable. But he's made nothing but bad decisions as the time has gone on. I don't know that the new GM is any better, but having Sherman as coach and GM was a scary scary time. In addition, he had the most inexplicable off season, picking up none of what we needed to fill the holes. He let a lot of really good players leave and, while I can begin to understand the drafting of Rodgers, what I can't understand is never letting the kid play. We're 4-12, put the kid in and let him gain some real experience. If Favre does retire, we've got a greenhorn with no field time to replace him.

More on Favre's future in a subsequent post.

No comments: