Friday, January 12, 2007

Packer Sighting

For lunch today I had a sub, with a side of Ahman Green.

So this afternoon I went out to lunch with a co-worker, as is my normal Friday routine. She's not a local and therefore she's not a Packer fan.

Anyway, we're eating at Quizno's and we're finishing up and this guy and his wife walk in. He's a little bit bigger guy and he's wearing this stellar throwback Gayle Sayes jersey and Under Armour and I'm looking at him and I'm like, he looks familiar.

So I'm trying to be all covert and I ask my friend if it's him. But she doesn't know, because she's not a fan. So they check out and they walk past us and I'm trying to check him out, to get some clues as to whether this could be a professional athlete. And he's got on an absolutely ginormous watch on and some other bracelets and such. My friend said that she actually looked at him, and he kind of smiles and he totally knows we know who he is.

So he walks outside and gets into a pimped out Caddy and at this point, we're like "OK, this has to be him."

There were some Coast Guard guys in the store and we're like, "did you just see that guy?" Which of course, they had no idea. So we're sitting there and looking out the window and the Caddy's still there, but we're thinking "what are we supposed to do, go knock on his car window?"

So we finish up and we're still talking about it and we get up to leave and to exit the store you have to cross the driveway in and out of the parking lot. As we step out, they pull out of their parking spot. We stop, so as to not walk right in front of a moving car and they wave us on. At this point, we've decided we have to do something, so my co-worker gives a little wave and he rolls down the driver's side window.

Being the non-Packer Fan that she is, she asks "Are you a football player?" and he said yes, so we asked for his autograph and he said yes, as long as we had a pen and then he said we needed to be quick because he was on the way to catch a plane (we were right next to the airport). All I had in my purse was my grocery list and a purple pen, which we apologized for. He was really nice and we apologized for interrupting them and got our autographs and said thanks and off he went.

So that's my story. In case you can't tell, I'm super excited!

I do have a pic of the autograph, but I'm thinking I don't want to post it because I don't want plaguerizers or the like to have it in their dirty little mandibles. But, trust me, I have it.

3 comments:

karl said...

ok some serious credibility issues here:
1) you did not know it was Ahman Green that was next to you
2) your friend is not a fan
(what kind of friend is that)

ok all jokes aside,
last year my wife and I visited the "complex" and ate lunch over seeing the parking lot. I live in NJ now, so it was a pleasure to see the players. When Mr. Ahman Green pulled up and got out, all I could focus on was that his calves were like tree trunks. I think he could have bench pressed my car.
Anyway, I'm happy for you. You don't need to post the picture of his autograph, not necessary.

Nicole said...

Well I knew it looked like him, but what are the chances that Ahman Green is hanging out at the Quizno's in South Milwaukee on my lunch break, you know?

But really, it's the crazy facial hair that gives him away!

karl said...

haha
i thought you were in Green Bay

yeah i see what you mean.